Thursday 27 June 2013

WigTown

I was recently commissioned to produce the cover for this years Wigtown Book festival brochure.The theme was focusing on  the idea of Wigtown as a destination. People travel from near and far to be at the festival.Here is a mock up of the final open cover design.


Below are various rough versions.
At first I focused too much on my own colour palette with not another thought or research into Wigtown as a place. Overall these where way too 'tropical'




Further roughs, addressing the colour ways but also started to look at the difference between the elments being quite fragnented in a flat space or more of a full landcsape image.





1 comment:

Stitchinscience said...

Hi Luke, having holidayed many, many times near Wigtown as I child, I do agree that those earlier colour schemes were decidedly too tropical. Love the final result though.